Map & Directions
Driving Directions from Portland:
The drive from Portland Airport (PWM) “down east” along the coast to the Spruce Point Inn takes about an hour and a quarter, depending on the day and time.
- Leaving the airport follow directions toward I-95 NORTH and take ramp at toll booth ($1)
- After 5.3 miles take Exit 52 toward I-295/US 1 and then after 3.7 miles take ramp on far RIGHT to merge onto I-295 NORTH
- After 20 miles, take exit 31 for ME-196 at Topsham, turn right and proceed 2.4 miles and merge left onto US-1 north towards Bath
- After 19 miles ( about 2 miles after passing through the village of Wiscasset), take ME-27 south to Boothbay Harbor
- Continue about 12 miles until you reach the set of traffic lights at the intersection of Route 27 and Route 96.
- Continue straight through the intersection and at the top of the hill, bear right at the Bank onto Oak Street.
- Go ONE block on Oak Street and then turn left onto Union Street.
- Continue on Union Street until it ends at Atlantic Avenue, turn right.
- The entrance to Spruce Point (stone gates) is approximately 1.5 miles and the Inn is another one-half mile along the shore.
On Water directions to SPI:
Transient and local boaters may use Spruce Point Inn moorings, launch and dock facilities without charge when staying at the Inn or enjoying lunch or dinner. Our launch is an OldPort 26’ that is also available for trips to the town dock in Boothbay Harbor.
- Approaching from downeast, set a course for the “HL” buoy at The Hypocrites marking the approach to Fisherman Passage
- After passing R”6” steer NNW toward Burnt Island Light. Spruce Point Inn lies E of Burnt Island
- Approaching from the South, set a course for G”1” buoy at The Cuckolds marking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor
- Proceed North toward Burnt Island Light. Spruce Point Inn lies East of Burnt Island.
Launch service monitors Ch 9
Reservations: 207-633-4152 front desk